Configure an individual product or service with a flat fee. Within each product, you can customize fulfillments, offers, discounts, and more.
When you create a product, you can create a new product record, or copy an existing product. After you click Create, FastSpring uses these contents to internally identify the subscription. You cannot edit the product path after creation. Edit the subscription to apply additional settings, including: fulfillment, trials, notifications, and advanced scheduling.
Add a new product record to your store. After you click create the product record, you can customize the configuration and fulfillment.
- In the Products page, click Create Product.
- Below Product Title displayed to the customer, enter a customer-facing name for your product. This appears in your store and storefront. Use the drop-down selector to customize the name in additional languages.
- In the Product Path field, enter a product ID. FastSpring will apply the ID to the URL and internal referencing. This is not editable after you create the product record.
- Do not include spaces, punctuation, or special characters.
- Below Price, enter the price in your store’s default currency. Optionally enter prices in each supported currency.
- If you do not enter prices in additional currencies, FastSpring will automatically convert your base price.
- Click Create. The product tax category popup appears. Select the most appropriate tax category.
- After you configure a tax category, click Apply. FastSpring adds the product record to your catalog.
See Customize Your Product below to apply additional configurations to your product.
Copy a product in your store to automatically apply the configurations to a new product record. Each field is editable.
- In the Products page, select the product you want to copy.
- On the product details page, click Options > Copy Product.
- In the New Product ID field, enter a new product path. This must be different from the original.
- In the Display field, enter a customer-facing name for your product. This appears in your store and storefront. Use the drop-down selector to customize the name in additional languages.
- To the right of each Fulfillment Action, click the drop-down to copy or exclude the fulfillment from the new product.
- Select the Copy All Variations checkbox to include all existing Product Variations in the copy.
- Click Copy. The product tax category popup appears. Select the most appropriate tax category.
- Click Apply.
See Customize Your Product below to apply additional configurations to your product.
After you create a product record, access the details page to configure and edit additional fields. Click Edit at the top, right corner of each section to edit or configure settings.
Customize the display settings of your product. At the top, right corner, click the Public / Private and Quotable / Non-Quotable drop-downs to configure when customers can see or purchase the products. Then, click Edit to edit additional settings.
- Public / Private: Control whether this product appears in the product catalog. If you select Private, customers can only purchase the subscription when it is a product option for a public product.
- Quotable / Non Quotable: Control whether your sales team can add this product to their quotes.
- Product Icon: Upload an image for your product. FastSpring will display this on your storefront and at checkout.
- Supported image file formats: .png, .jpg, .gif. Web storefronts can display an image file with a size of up to 256 x 256 pixels. The popup storefront cart can display an image as large as 46 x 46 pixels. If the image you upload is too large or too small, the storefront page automatically resizes it to fit.
- Display: Edit the customer-facing product name. Click the language drop-down to customize it in additional languages.
- Summary: Enter a brief description of the subscription. This appears on the homepage and product page of your web storefront. This field accepts markdown.
Update the pricing of your product. FastSpring will automatically handle currency conversion and collect applicable taxes based on the customer’s IP address. However, you can add customized prices for each currency to account for conversion fees and higher taxes.
- Unit Price: Enter the price of 1 unit of your product in your store’s base currency. Optionally, enter additional prices for each supported currency.
- If you leave additional currencies blank, FastSpring will automatically convert your base price to each supported currency.
- Default Quantity: Enter the default quantity of the product that FastSpring adds to the customer’s cart. Use the radio buttons to configure whether customers can adjust the quantity before checkout.
For more information on product pricing, see Currencies and Conversions.
For more information on product-level discounts, see Product Discounts.
- In the Discount field, click Edit. The Discount dialog opens.
- In the drop-down, select the type of discount you want to add to this product.
- Percent Off: Enter a discount percentage up to 100%.
- Amount Off: Enter the monetary amount you would like to deduct with this discount. Optionally, edit the amount for each supported currency.
- Select Use Volume Discount to require customers to purchase a specific quantity before retrieving the discount. Enter the minimum quantity to receive the discount.
- Select the Limit Discount Availability by Dates checkbox to enter a date range in UTC for the discount. Customers who purchase the product outside of the date range do not receive a discount.
- Under Discount Reason, enter a customer-facing message. Select the language drop-down to enter it in additional languages.
- Save your changes.
Customize the method in which FastSpring sends customers the product after a successful transaction. Fulfillment methods include the following:
Click the fulfillment type for information on how to configure it. You can add multiple fulfillments to your product. If the product requires a physical shipment or is software as a service, see Product Format below. For more information on fulfillment options, see Fulfillments .
Updating the format of your product will affect the taxes and required customer information. If you plan to send a physical fulfillment, FastSpring will require customers to enter their mailing address at checkout.
Depending on the customer’s location, the product format may require FastSpring to collect sales tax, VAT, or GST each time the product is sold.
Select the most appropriate product format:
- Digital Product: Perpetual-license software products and other one-time transactions with no physical item to be shipped
- Digital Product and Shipment: Perpetual-license products that also include a physical component that you will ship to the consumer (e.g., a boxed software product).
- Software as a Service: Products that you provide as a service (e.g., web applications).
To collect future recurring charges from the consumer, create a subscription instead of a standalone product.
Configure promotional offers that appear when a customer adds the product to their cart.
- Product Options:Present additional options for customers to select at checkout. These will affect the order total, unless they are free. Only multiple-choice options appear on popup storefronts.
- Product Offers:Offer cross-sells and upsells to customers at checkout to advertise related products. Only cross-sells appear on popup storefronts.
Customize advanced checkout options for the product. This includes the following fields:
- SKU: Optionally enter an internal SKU ID or part number to identify the product using your own system.
- Long Description: Enter descriptive text about the product. When the customer clicks the product name, FastSpring displays the text in a lightbox that overlays the product page.This field accepts markdown.
- EDS: If Extended Download Service is enabled for your store, it is enabled by default for all products that have at least one file download fulfillment action.
- Call to Action: Edit the text on the “Add to Cart” button. This button displays on the product page and catalog of your web storefront.
- Post Order Instructions: Enter instructions that will display on the completion page. This field accepts markdown.
Click the Insert Fulfillment Variable drop-down to incorporate fulfillment actions in the instructions. FastSpring will insert the variables to render the fulfillment. However, fulfillment emails and the completion page include this information.
Updated 3 months ago