Customers can automatically generate self-service quotes at checkout instead of requesting one from you. When enabled, prospects view a button on the popup storefront (or a link if you have a web storefront), and click Generate Quote to continue without payment. FastSpring automatically generates a quote consisting of all items in their cart, and redirects them to the quote.
Self-Service quotes appear in your store’s Quotes list after they are created. FastSpring displays the recipient name as the creator. The quote name is “Quote generated by [Recipient Name]”.
A prospect clicks Generate Quote at checkout. FastSpring generates a quote containing all items in their order and redirects them to the quote’s URL.
The prospect clicks Accept & Continue at the bottom of the quote. This opens the B2B Popup checkout directly over the quote.
The prospect can request an invoice or complete the purchase. FastSpring sends the prospect the fulfillment, depending on quote settings.
Within your storefront settings, you can enable customers to generate self-service quotes. The steps will vary depending on the type of storefront.
- Navigate to Storefronts > Popup Storefronts.
- Click Settings on the applicable popup storefront.
- At the bottom of the Checkout Settings section, click Enable Buyer Generated Quotes.
- Save your changes.
After you save your changes, customers can select the quote button in the popup storefront to generate a quote for their selected items.
- Navigate to Storefronts > Web Storefronts.
- On the applicable web storefront, click Settings > Checkout.
- In the Checkout Experience section, click Enable Buyer Generated Quotes.
- Save your changes.
At the top of the order list in the checkout page, customers can click the Generate a Quote link to create a quote containing their selected items.
In the FastSpring App, navigate to Store Settings > Invoicing to adjust your self-service quote settings.
- Enable Self-Serve Upgrades: When enabled, customers can modify their orders or subscriptions directly in the account management portal. Modifications include: adjusting product quantities, and upgrading subscriptions to a configured upsell.
- Enable Net D Invoice Payment Methods: When enabled, customers can add or update payment methods through the account management portal. Otherwise, this is only available at checkout.
- Allow Separate Billing Contact: When enabled, FastSpring can collect and retain a separate billing contact per payment method on file through the account management portal.
Updated 3 months ago